Qualified Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Consultants
Opterra is a young organisation of experienced and qualified occupational hygiene and environmental consultants. Rylan, our principal occupational hygiene and environmental consultant has over 12 years of experience in the industry. During that time, Rylan has worked with both private clients and local government agencies consulting on environmental management and occupational hygiene, as well as providing comprehensive environmental assessments. Rylan’s specialities include:
- Managing special waste and hazardous materials (including classification, handling and storage)
- Implementing waste and litter education programs
- Developing and managing environmental assessment and monitoring programs
- Assessing, monitoring and evaluating hazards in occupational environments
- Integrating technology into business operations, particularly in environmental management and assessments
Rylan is a natural leader and has experience managing contractors, occupational hygiene and environmental consultants, as well as non-technical teams, on a national scale. He is client focussed with a view to helping businesses grow through improved quality and efficiency.
Certified Drone Operator
Technology is one of our passions andwe are always looking to expand our knowledge and skills. Becoming certified drone (UAV) operators, presents the perfect opportunity for Opterra to bring experience in environmental consulting to a new and exciting industry. Consequently, Opterra offers a range of services using drone technology including environmental surveying, drone mapping and aerial photography. We have worked on a diverse range of projects including volumetric surveys, environmental modelling and assessments, asset inspections and creating 3D terrain models!
Rylan is a qualified occupational hygiene and environmental consultant with over 12 years of diversified experience in environmental management, occupational hygiene, work health and safety and building assessments. Over his career, Rylan has further developed his skills with a range of degrees and courses including:
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (UNSW) – Technology Specialisation
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (UOW) – Land Management Specialisation – Class I Honours
- Diploma of Quality Auditing
- Diploma of Editing and Publishing
- Diploma of Project Management
- Certificate IV – Carbon Management
Rylan is a SafeWork NSW licensed asbestos assessor.
Rylan is a certified drone operator, licensed as a Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operator by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
Rylan has also completed the following courses to ensure his skills are up-to-date and relevant to industry needs:
- Digital Aerial Photography
- Mapping and Surveying
- Radio Operator Certificate (with English Proficiency)
Surveying With Drones: Our Equipment
Drones, also known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) or Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA), have been game changers when it comes to occupational hygiene and environmental consulting. These small aircraft are able create highly accurate, high definition maps far more quickly and safely than previous methods. Difficult or dangerous locations are much easier to reach with a drone allowing critical information to be obtained without the risk. Add to this, the ease with which the information obtained can be uploaded to a server and accessed by people all over the world, and you can start to understand why drone surveying and mapping is a huge technological advancement for the industry.
We fly the DJI Inspire 1—one of the most sophisticated and advanced all-in-one RPAs on the market. This advanced drone shoots video at up to 4Kp (30fps) or 1080p (60fps) and takes crisp, clear 12 megapixel stills. The camera is fitted with a rectilinear, curved lens designed to eliminate distortion, and the 20mm focal length opens up shots to a remarkably wide angle. Other features include:
- Reinforced rotor design for stability
- Revolutionary Electronic Speed Controllers (ESC)
- High-strength, intelligent GLONASS + GPS system
- Advanced Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
- Advanced failsafe and Vision Positioning System